Rights to access advocates
You may seek support from family, a friend or an independent advocate in making a complaint. If you require an advocate or representative, please let us know and we would be pleased to cooperate with, and facilitate arrangements for, advocates (including independent advocates) and other representatives.
How to make a complaint to the NDIS Commission
For NDIS Clients in New South Wales, South Australia, the Australian Capital Territory, Northern Territory, Queensland, Victoria or Tasmania, a complaint can be made to the NDIS Commission by:
- Phoning: 1800 035 544 (free call from landlines) or TTY 133 677. Interpreters can be arranged.
- National Relay Service and ask for 1800 035 544.
- Visiting https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/about/complaints and completing a complaint contact form.
The NDIS Commission can take complaints about:
- services or supports that were not provided in a safe and respectful way
- services and supports that were not delivered to an appropriate standard
You can make a complaint to the NDIS Commission on an anonymous basis.
The NDIS Complaints Management Resolution Guidance provides more detailed information about the NDIS Commission’s complaints process.