Rights to access advocates 

You may seek support from family, a friend or an independent advocate in making a complaint. If you require an advocate or representative, please let us know and we would be pleased to cooperate with, and facilitate arrangements for, advocates (including independent advocates) and other representatives. 

How to make a complaint to the NDIS Commission 

For NDIS Clients in New South Wales, South Australia, the Australian Capital Territory, Northern Territory, Queensland, Victoria or Tasmania, a complaint can be made to the NDIS Commission by: 

The NDIS Commission can take complaints about:  

  • services or supports that were not provided in a safe and respectful way  
  • services and supports that were not delivered to an appropriate standard  

You can make a complaint to the NDIS Commission on an anonymous basis. 

More information 

The NDIS Complaints Management Resolution Guidance  provides more detailed information about the NDIS Commission’s complaints process.